- You need a facebook account to get on the Correspondence Course page
- Anatomy (muscular and skeletal)
- Project: Muscle Mapping
- 3 Main Causes of Pain-Diagnostics
- Causes of Pain (where did the problem start?)
- Biomechanics (step by step process of how to look at a horses movement)
- Basics of correct riding
- The Preflex System
- Correct and incorrect flexion and how it effects the horse
- Contraindications and Benefits for Massage
- Positive and Negative dissociation and how to see it and correct it
- Overreaching-the cause and how to fix it
- Behind the Vertical and the problems it causes
- Information on bits
- Hoof and Dental information (basics of correct hoof angles, hoof problems and Dental problems that can cause problems in horses)
- Top Common Ailments, their symptoms and what Massage can do for them
- Saddle fitting basics (over a dozen videos for you)
- Gait Analysis aka Eyeballing (learning to look at a horse to SEE what is wrong using multiple pictures and videos)
- Groundwork Strategies (Building a Topline) Level 1
- Under Saddle Balancing (Building muscle from the Saddle)
- Full body massage and sequence
- Individual Massage for each muscle group-coaching from me, one on one with feedback and corrections, until it is done correctly.
- Strokes and locates-Video on specifics on how to do this, plus how to stand correctly (ergonomics) so you have the best results and don’t injure yourself
- Skeletal evaluation-Learn how to evaluate the skeleton to find if the horse is ‘out’ of alignment anywhere and if a chiro is needed
- Muscular evaluation-Hands on evaluation of the muscles of the horse, looking for tightness, spasms and knots
- My book has over 60 pages full of great info for you to refer to.
- 3 Evaluations to pass the class and get your Certification
*Section 5-Post Massage
- Post Massage information
- Acupressure points to help with some diagnostics for specific problems-ulcers, EPM and Equine Myosfascial Syndrome.
- In depth video on the Treatment of the Trigger Points
This group you will be in forever, as long as you need it, it includes most of my students, who are wanting to be part of it. As well as my instructors, we all help each other out and encourage each other.
*Section 7-After the Massage
This group is for Marketing instruction,Small business set up, tax information, and after massage Rehab/Rebuilding!
**I will need you to send me back on video what you are learning and doing as well. You have to have the capability to watch the videos I send and to return videos to me**
This will be a step by step-IOW, we will do the crest/neck first, you will send me a video of you doing this before we proceed! This way you won’t get into any bad habits!
My mentoring will also be part of this, of course!
Send payment to firstname.lastname@example.org thru paypal
please include your address
No refunds on payments.
You will have 4-5 full months to complete this course which is plenty of time if you are consistent with it. If you have an emergency situation where you need to take time off-you must contact me and tell me asap so that I can put you on ‘hold’ in the class.
“Bev- I thought I’d share a massage story with you. Did you see the pic I just posted of Monty? I have had a terrible time getting him to stay up in the poll at the canter- he wanted to curl and hide. Yesterday, I found a knot in his poll- right side and it was too sore to massage-he was really unhappy about it. So I did the “kneading” crest and he blew out about 6 times and yawned 5. No trouble staying up in the poll today and also no knot.”
I am so thankful that I took this class:) I will soon be certified and I have learned more in these past few months than I have in all the time I have been riding. Bev is awesome!!!! She is so easy to talk to and has so much knowledge. I know her raining and knowledge will give me an edge that no one else has. If anyone is hesitant about taking a class please do! It is so worth it! Bev helped me take my 19 year old barrel horse, who I thought was retired, and ten him completely around!
I don’t know how she does everything in her life and still be there whenever there is a question from one of her students. My horses are being great subjects and are really seeing the benefits of the program.
Don’t be shy. With the excellent help through great videos and one on one direction it makes it easy to get through.”
Had a chance to apply what I’m learning in massage school on Bombay’s hindquarters a bit this evening and WOW! Reaching much further underneath… Another week and we may have the REAL Bombay in the barn.
I HIGHLY recommend this course to all horse owners! You can study at your own pace and if you want to really buckle down and get it done, Beverly Brady, is right there to help in EVERY way she can! Bev is great at answering questions and helping in any way she can!
|Copyright 2016 All rights Reserved|